Greenpeace recently launched their Detox Challenge to the world’s leading sports brands, including Nike and Adidas. The campaign is to find who will be first to champion a toxic-free future by removing toxic chemicals from their supply chain and products.
“All you need is four friends with Twitter accounts and a little bit of coordination. Just follow these simple steps to create your own grassroots action and let these brands know that the pressure is on and expectations are high. Detox!
- Make sure you and four friends have active Twitter accounts.
- Download the D-E-T-O-X letters below.
- Choose a letter each and set them as your Twitter avatar.
- Get everyone together in the room, on Skype, MSN, the telephone or any other communication medium.
- Get all participants to go to @Adidas, @nikestore or @nikesoccer at the same time.
- Sychronise watches!
- Starting with X, ‘follow’ the Twitter feed in reverse order, from X-O-T-E-D (Feel free to add Mission Control style commentary upon completion: “X is go!” “O is go!” “T is go!” and so on.)
- Be sure to follow the action with the twitter tag #Detox.”